Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
As an Associate, FP&A at Atoms you will be responsible for forecasting and then analyzing the financial performance of the company. You will play a critical role in providing management insights through data that help enable quicker and better decision making.
YOU WILL DO
- Lead P&L management, including forecasting, budgeting, analyzing and reporting of actuals.
- Play a key role in selection of financial, data and business intelligence (BI) tool selection.
- Work with different teams to always keep a pulse on overall performance and trends, and also provide insights that help drive revenue or save costs where possible.
- Lead the relationship with our accounting firm ensuring data completeness, AP/AR reconciliation and on-time delivery of month end financial reports.
- Prepare all finance related reporting for board meetings and other important meetings.
- Lead the budgeting process with team leads, understanding how spend relates to company objectives and identifying creative ways to be capital efficient.
- Be a key part of the S&OP process and planning team to balance growth forecasts with inventory spend forecasts.
- Be able to track performance by marketing and retail channels.
- Constantly be running scenario planning to quantify opportunities and risks and assessing the sensitivity and magnitude of both around growth and burn.
- Bring a financial and data driven rigor to initiative planning and help and educate initiative leads on processes to track ROI and other financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance related field.
- 3-5 years of FP&A, BI analysis with prior experience in physical products company.
- Expert level understanding of P&L analysis and in-depth knowledge of accounting and accounting software (Quickbooks, ERP.. etc).
- Experience being a super user of data/data visualization tools and planning & forecasting systems.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can roll their sleeves up and move projects and initiatives forward.
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family