Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
Atoms is looking to hire a Data Analyst for a varying set of business needs across the company. You are a data nerd at heart, and passionate about solving some of the team’s most complex analytic challenges. As the first in-house Data Analyst, you will foster a data driven culture at Atoms. The ideal hire is obsessed with data and continuously experimenting, and has a strong understanding of business and statistical analytics. You are resourceful, creative, efficient, and have a keen eye for leveraging data insights to help our teams make more insightful decisions for the business. This role initially reports to the COO, and will interface with Operations, Marketing, Engineering and Finance. The Data Analyst will raise the bar and have a remarkable opportunity to help build our Data team.
YOU WILL DO
- Drive customer growth by optimizing and connecting insights with key marketing campaigns and general operation decisions
- Anticipate new growth opportunities as they arise, collaborating with key stakeholders to leverage identified growth channels.
- Translate complex analytics tasks into concise and easily consumable outputs to help marketing stakeholders make data driven decisions
- Determine and recommend best customer segments for targeting
- Analyze marketing campaigns/incentives for payback and determine ROI
- Run statistical analysis and test hypothesis around business questions
- Design and test marketing experiments in collaboration with marketing and technology teams
- Design and implement reports, dashboards, and presentations for the consumption of business stakeholders
- Effectively present insights from quantitative analysis and models to a non-technical audience
- Strategically contribute in driving business decisions through data and analytics
- Major Degree in mathematics, economics, statistics or business analytics
- 3-4 years of experience in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable working through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions
- Expert in Excel, proficient in data analysis and visualization
- Proficient in Looker; Tableau knowledge is a nice to have
- Comfort building, evaluating, and forecasting performance for large budgets
- Excellent communication, project management, and presentation skills
- Prior experience in management consulting and finance (nice to have!)
- Data mining and statistical packages such as R/Python (nice to have!)
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family