SENIOR SHOE DESIGNER
Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
Want to walk in our shoes? Atoms is looking for a Senior Shoe Designer to join our incredible team in Brooklyn. As our first in-house designer, you will iterate on our current design philosophy and push the Atoms' aesthetic by evolving our design narrative. The ideal candidate has the capability to lead and collaborate, has a stellar design background, and obsesses about flawless execution. Your contributions will have a significant impact on the future of Atoms.
YOU WILL DO
- Drive the ideation process from design concept to product development to production
- Create new product ideas that further the company's mission and support company growth and brand initiatives
- Work with key stakeholders to develop the design requirements and execute the product testing plan to ensure requirements are met
- Continuously refine and improve products in partnership with our manufacturing vendors and other key stakeholders
- Translate consumer insights/market research into product design concepts
- Practical experience in Footwear design (8+ years) and Industrial design (5+years) experience
- Skilled at both drawing/sketching by hand and in CAD
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Experience with managing product development from prototype to production
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of industry trends, design concepts, materials, pattern/textures, and sourcing
- Knowledge of foot anatomy
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family